A Tangled Sanctuary:
Experience quiet, calm and creativity using pen, pencil and color. No previous drawing or art experience needed!
This two part self-led course includes both:
- An introduction to the Zentangle® method of drawing simple patterns
- Unique art journaling lessons in using pattern and color in finding and creating your special 'sanctuary' on your journal pages.
Discover and draw into sacred space using meditative drawing and color play!
This class is for anyone looking for:
- A creative "time out".
- A relaxing and quiet way to draw and journal.
- Easy-to-learn drawing and color play techniques.
- An intro to the Zentangle® method of drawing patterns.
- A way to use "Zentangle-inspired art" in your art journaling.
- A guided and meditative art journaling experience.
The lessons are great for:
- Non-artists and artists alike
- People of all ages
- Finding an easy way to make time for art
- Using art as a mindfulness tool
- Both beginning AND experienced tanglers, doodlers and line-art enthusiasts
- Learning the very basics of the Zentangle® drawing method
- Learning to use Zentangle® with color media and in your art journal practice
This class was created from two of my lessons in Kiala Givehand's "The Journey Within" year-long course from 2016 and I'm so pleased to bring it to you as a stand-alone class.
Come join me on a journey to find that quiet we all need!
Sadelle Wiltshire is a contemplative teaching artist, based in Vermont, whose art and creations have been rooted in the focus and flow that comes when one is present with their inner voice. She enjoys sharing this love with others, in teaching, mentoring and inspiring people to create. Sadelle is a Fiber and Mixed Media artist, workshop and retreat leader, a Certified Zentangle® Teacher (CZT#7), a Veriditas Certified Labyrinth Facilitator and a Quaker, with roots in spirit-led art. She has been facilitating and teaching in-person creative workshops for over 20 years, in the US and occasionally now abroad.
Get started now!
StartIntroduction to Zentangle, Supplies & Resources
StartIntroduction to Zentangle, Video Part 1 (10:23)
StartIntroduction to Zentangle, Video Part II (8:45)
StartIntroduction to Zentangle, Video Part III (4:51)
StartIntroduction to Zentangle, Video Part IV (6:58)
StartDiscussion Area - Zentangle
StartA Tangled Journaling Prompt: Sanctuary
StartTangled Sanctuary Art Journal Page - Introduction
StartJournaling Supplies, PDF Resources and: Video I (4:09)
StartCreating an Easy Color Wash Background, Video II (9:59)
StartLet's Tangle & Draw: Video III (8:08)
StartAdding in White Pen, Video IV (6:17)
StartAdding Color and Finishing, Video V (6:59)
StartDiscussion Area: A Tangled Sanctuary Journal Page